KDHR Production Intern
Associated Students, Inc.
California State University, Dominguez Hills
(Undergraduate Internship in Arts and Humanities)
The Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) is a 501(c)3 not for profit corporation which serves as an auxiliary of the California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) with approximately 15,000 students. CSUDH is one of 23 campuses in the California State University system. The campus is an urban, comprehensive public university serving the extended South Bay area of the Los Angeles basin. The campus attracts students who represent the cultural and ethnic diversity of the area. As the student government organization, the ASI represents the concerns of the students. Through their membership representation on various University committees and groups, the ASI has a substantial influence on many important decisions. The ASI also provides programs and services to the student body.
The Production Intern assists the Station Manager in the support of the day-to-day activities of KDHR. Reporting to the Station Manager, the Production Intern will be provided with an opportunity to learn about the various tasks and duties associated with running and maintaining a college radio station.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with live events on campus, including set-up, coordinating, and clean-up
- Assists Station Manager with data entry, media organization and other clerical duties as assigned
- Produces radio spots that will be broadcast and heard by the campus community
- Develops new marketing and advertising concepts to promote radio and podcasts
- Edits radio shows and uploads them to iTunes and other podcast distributors
- Confirmed registration with CSU, Dominguez Hills undergraduate degree program in the College of Arts and Humanities. Major studies in either Digital Media Arts or Communications are preferred. All other requirements of eligibility for an undergraduate internship as established by CSU, Dominguez Hills must also be met.
- The KDHR Production Intern can expect to gain experience in various tasks and duties associated with managing and maintaining a college radio station.
- Stephen Janes
- KDHR Station Manager
- 1000 E. Victoria St
- Carson, CA 90747
- Phone: (310) 243-2561